Has it really been three months since my last post? Sheesh!
The summer has flown by and so much has happened. I feel like I’ve gone through a very “quiet” season this summer. Oh, I’ve had my moments, trust me, but it has just felt like so much is going on that I decided to kinda step back and watch. I even didn’t post a dang thing to facebook for about a month! Shocker!
I may have to make this a bullet post…
- A dear friend of ours passed away June 4. It was not expected, as death never is in my opinion. But, definitely a heart breaker. Hearts are still broken over losing Kip Clark. We miss you. But, if there ever was a celebration of life, this was it!
- We celebrated our third anniversary. We got to go out for a really nice dinner and exchanged corney gifts. I don’t know why but we don’t hardly worry about anniversary gifts. They’re just always fun and funny. I super-duper love my husband!
- I have now read over 10,000 pages so far this year. I love reading!
- We joined and quit the Lions Club International
- We started running. We’ve been thinking about it for a long time, but an idea only goes so far. When Kip passed away, it kinda forced us to think about our health and how long we want to be here for each other. So far, we did it for just a few weeks and my knees just wouldn’t let me anymore. I did get new shoes and we are starting again TODAY. I hope my knees have rested enough for me to have the encouragement to go on, or that I find how to deal with it at least.
- We were able to visit Tim’s family in Ulysses, Kansas for 4th of July. It was a good time!
- Our sweet niece, Tessa, was diagnosed with cytomegalovirus (CMV) just before she turned 4 months old. We’re still learning about this and the ramifications. We do know that she has suffered brain damage and it has affected her hearing. They are fitting her for hearing aids tomorrow (pink!). I can’t wait to see how it changes her life. She is such a blessing to us and I’m even more thankful for our darling nephew, Parker, and all of our other nieces and nephew through all of this. Visit their Bynum4 Blog to learn more.
- We’re really feeling a stirring about ministry. We don’t know exactly what yet, but we are craving being involved and making friends and changing lives. We have some ideas and are trying to find the right people to talk to. Pray for us that we see a clear path and for receptive hearts and minds. Will expand on this in a later post.
- We love being at Victory Life Baptist Church!
- We’ve have become obsessed with Project Runway and Top Chef again. (Yes, even Tim likes Project Runway.)
- I am also obsessed with political blogging.
- I’m ready for FALL!